In the wake of the massive 7.9 earthquake that has hit Nepal, Caritas Aotearoa New Zealand has committed an initial NZD50,000 for the immediate recovery efforts. The global Caritas network to ensure that we meet immediate needs for shelter, food and water, whilst being there for the long term rebuilding of lives and livelihoods.
Caritas has launched an Emergency Appeal to help those affected by the earthquake. These funds will go into the Caritas Nepal Disaster Fund.
– Internet banking deposit to Caritas Aotearoa New Zealand, account number: 03-0518-0211216-00 (reference: Nepal)
– Donate online at http://www.caritas.org.nz
– Text NEPAL to 833 to donate $3 to Caritas’ relief work in Nepal
– Phone 0800 22 10 22 to make a credit card donation (during office hours)
– Call 0900 4 11 11 to make an automatic $20 donation to Caritas’s work (a debit in the name of ‘Caritas’ will be added to your next telephone bill) – Post a cheque to Caritas, Freepost 689, — PO Box 12193, Thorndon, Wellington 6144.