This year’s book fair will be held from 22nd-26th August and has a Kiwiana theme!
How does the book fair work?
Scholastic books will be available to view and purchase everyday that week from 3.00-4.30pm in Room 3. This is a great opportunity to buy books to put aside for birthdays and Christmas and a percentage of the total sales goes to the school.
Our Book Fair is open to the public, so please do invite friends and family to attend. Please join and share our Facebook event listing.
Note we don’t have EFTPOS so please bring cash or pay by cheque.
Plan for the week
We’re fortunate to have a number of special visitors over the week to run some exciting activities with the children.Here’s the plan for the week, and remember, books will be on sale everyday after school from 3.00-4.30pm.
- MONDAY :: Children create their wishlists at school and bring them home
- TUESDAY :: Su Ilkin – Youth Co-ordinator from Dunedin Public Libraries
- WEDNESDAY :: Michelle Summerfield – Children’s Book Buyer from the University Bookshop
- THURSDAY :: Barbara Else – author, recipient of the Margaret Mahy Medal (2016), and Creative New Zealand Children’s Writer in Residence at University of Otago
- FRIDAY :: Come to school dressed up in Kiwiana theme or come as your favourite book character
- FRIDAY NIGHT :: Disco in Nga Maara Hall from 5.30-7.00pm – free tickets available from the School Office
- SATURDAY :: Storylines Festival at Dunedin Public Library from 11-3pm (see the full programme)