Here is the link for our last newsletter for 2020
View the library of photos from this wonderful and memorable weekend of celebration.
Here is the link for our latest newsletter. https://mailchi.mp/a9f082c20bf0/mid-term-newsletter-12641574
Catch up with our latest happenings here during this busy term NEWSLETTER MID TERM 3
Download our latest newsletter here Week 4
School CLOSED today due to snow. Stay warm and safe.
Book Week will end on a high note with a disco on August 26th from 5.30-7.00pm. Dress up in Kiwiana theme, as your favourite book character – or as anything you want!
Free tickets must be collected from the school office (available from Wednesday 3rd August until the 24th). Entry is strictly by ticket only. Please join and share our Facebook event.
Some food will be available to purchase – sausage sizzle, pop corn and baking. There will be some fun games and a free photo booth – and lots and lots of dancing!
Please note: children must be accompanied by and adult and we ask you please respect our request that all children stay in Nga Maara hall once it’s dark outside.
This year’s book fair will be held from 22nd-26th August and has a Kiwiana theme!
How does the book fair work?
Scholastic books will be available to view and purchase everyday that week from 3.00-4.30pm in Room 3. This is a great opportunity to buy books to put aside for birthdays and Christmas and a percentage of the total sales goes to the school.
Our Book Fair is open to the public, so please do invite friends and family to attend. Please join and share our Facebook event listing.
Note we don’t have EFTPOS so please bring cash or pay by cheque.
Plan for the week
We’re fortunate to have a number of special visitors over the week to run some exciting activities with the children.Here’s the plan for the week, and remember, books will be on sale everyday after school from 3.00-4.30pm.
- MONDAY :: Children create their wishlists at school and bring them home
- TUESDAY :: Su Ilkin – Youth Co-ordinator from Dunedin Public Libraries
- WEDNESDAY :: Michelle Summerfield – Children’s Book Buyer from the University Bookshop
- THURSDAY :: Barbara Else – author, recipient of the Margaret Mahy Medal (2016), and Creative New Zealand Children’s Writer in Residence at University of Otago
- FRIDAY :: Come to school dressed up in Kiwiana theme or come as your favourite book character
- FRIDAY NIGHT :: Disco in Nga Maara Hall from 5.30-7.00pm – free tickets available from the School Office
- SATURDAY :: Storylines Festival at Dunedin Public Library from 11-3pm (see the full programme)
Download our latest newsletter for Term 2. Our first issue for Term 3 will be published early next week.Week 10
A reminder about the Parents and Friends (PFA) AGM and family night this Thursday. BYO dinner after which there will be the AGM and a speaker. Children are welcome to wear their PJs and watch a DVD.
We will be looking for new members to join the PFA to help organise family evenings and events as some of the current committee need to step back.
Please consider joining as we’ll be calling for interest during the AGM. Here’s a bit more about what the PFA do – it makes an important difference in our school community to have an active PFA to support our families.